Saturday, March 3, 2012

Change of Heart

Months ago I thought I would begin a blog.  I forgot my socks and my slippers.  I got cold feet. A few months passed, I began writing for just me.  A problem I have as a writer - writing for me and not sharing.

And so I began to share.  I found a contest for non-fiction essays and I submitted.  The first one was lost in cyber world and I wrote it Johnny-On-The-Spot and didn't save it - so....not only do I not know if it was even received, I haven't a copy!

The second one was accepted but I failed to check my email in a timely manner and I missed out with the editor and it was passed over for this year's holiday submissions. Sad Face!  My self esteem boosted a little, I pressed on.

Two more submissions.  Sweet - too wordy, too many flashbacks, we have too many stories just like this, etc...Thank you very much, Danny. (Keep Working). You may read these essays within this site.

Finally! I submit a story of friendship and it is not only accepted but wins the weekly contest.  You can read it at www.midlifecollage.com in Winner's Circle or the Archives.  The title is "Friends Revisted".  My private title for the story is "Safety Net".  Thanks to all of you who voted for the story.  The original unedited version is posted on this site as a page.

So much has happened to me internally during the past few months and I am on a journey I am unable to describe but I am certainly disenchanted but definitely NOT disillusioned.

Join me for the journey?

More soon.

Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment