Sunday, March 4, 2012

Thinking Big

House hunting can be viewed as an adventure or a chore depending on the circumstances.  My son and his wife spent several months house hunting so they could be closer to their church.  For them, it has been an adventure. After spending the beginning of their married life in an apartment, they are making a lateral move to a rental home.  My daughter-in-law posted this morning "How can 18 days seem so long?"  I believe she is a little anxious and excited.

On the other hand, I have been "House" hunting for a few years now.  Easily discouraged, I take my thoughts of settling into a new House - off the market. Let's call it a chore for me.

This morning, I decided to go to an "open House".  There were two choices. I went with my second choice and it wasn't too uncomfortable.

Two family friends met us there.

The neighbors were nice, the lighting was good, the mood music was familiar and actually quite amazing.  The "Realtor" delivered his spiel, complete with many analogies, antidotes and proverbial references.

The information I walked away with was actually useful.

How To Overcome The Fear of Failure.

1. Remember everyone fails.
2. Realize failure is not FATAL.
3. Recognize the benefits of failure.
4. Relax in God's Grace.

Okay, I bet you guessed it.  Been "House" hunting a long time.  This may not be the "House" for us but I am always happy when I take something with me.  Another "open House" is scheduled for next Sunday.

Thought for the week:  THINK BIG!

You are not a failure unless you quit!

So go change your big people underpants, throw them in the washer (don't forget the fabric softener & bleach if necessary) and start a new week with fresh, clean thoughts.

Make a small list of goals only YOU can achieve.
And if you you don't achieve them, start all over again next week.
Educate, motivate, cultivate.  Game on!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment